Welcome to Dr. Taco’s blog!
Hola!My name is Margarita (aka Dr. Taco), I moved to Berlin, Germany from my beloved Guadalajara, Mexico (best place on earth) in 2015 for doing my PhD, with a luggage full of hopes and dreams, shortly after they were shuttered, but somehow I stayed to live here. I decided to become a (mad) scientist early in high school, but I officially started with science somewhere during bachelor’s (2009-2010 is very blurry now). I have an interest in many things (cooking, baking, plants, medicine, physical and social phenomena, psychology, AI, history of random things, people’s lives and thoughts, and pretty much any possum hole I fall into at 2 am reading on my phone) and I use this space to write about them, my daily experiences, stories of the past, present and thoughts of the future, but also sometimes just to share a new book I started, my comments on some random science article, a thought I have when looking at people on the street, or basically just some gossip.
This space keeps notes on all these things, here you will find some stories of experiences that on many occasions would be my own, but sometimes they belong to a friend, relative, or just some random people I know, in order to keep them as anonymous as possible I will always refer to a friend of mine as the main character on the story, also I will assign random names that are totally unrelated to the actual people in the story. Keep in mind that sometimes I write some posts in Spanish, I use English as a borrowed language that lets me communicate with more people, but in some stories I can only find enough words in my native brain.
Enjoy the reading!
Disclaimer: All the posts presented here are personal opinions and should be considered carefully by the reader as so.
Recent blog posts
My cooking experiments
My favorite cuisines to cook are Russian, Mexican, Korean, and Italian. And my boyfriend and I are collecting recipes.
My formal research
- Spatial mapping of subcellular disease pathways and cytoarchitecture to anatomical brain regions for multi‐scale brain simulation with The Virtual Brain
- Brain simulation augments machine-learning–based classification of dementia
- Linking Molecular Pathways and Large-Scale Computational Modeling to Assess Candidate Disease Mechanisms and Pharmacodynamics in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Corner detection of intensity images with cellular neural networks (CNN) and evolutionary techniques
- A Multimodal Optimization Algorithm Inspired by the States of Matter
- A multi-level thresholding method for breast thermograms analysis using Dragonfly algorithm
- A new metaheuristic optimization methodology based on fuzzy logic
- A Method for Estimating View Transformations from Image Correspondences Based on the Harmony Search Algorithm
- An Improved Computer Vision Method for White Blood Cells Detection
- White Blood Cell Segmentation by Circle Detection Using Electromagnetism-Like Optimization
- Análisis de la Satisfacción con los Cuidados en Salud a Través del Cuestionario EORTC IN-PATSAT32 en Pacientes con Cáncer de Mama, Linfoma no Hodgkin y Cáncer Colo-Rectal en Diferentes Etapas Clínicas. Relación con las Características Socio-Demográficas, Estados Co-Mórbidos y Variables del Proceso de Atención en el Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social
- Evaluación de la Calidad de Vida en Pacientes con Linfoma no Hodgkin y Cáncer Colo-Rectal en Diferentes Etapas Clínicas Atendidos en el Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social
- Calidad de Vida en Mujeres Mexicanas con Cáncer de Mama en Diferentes Etapas Clínicas y su Asociación con Características Socio-Demográficas, Estados Co-Mórbidos y Características del Proceso de Atención en el Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social
- Engineering Applications of Soft Computing
Optimization algorithms, neural networks, motion estimation, and computer vision applications
- Advances of Evolutionary Computation: Methods and Operators
Locust swarm, collective animal behavior, social-spider, and states of matter algorithms
- Tratamiento De Imágenes Con MATLAB
- Optimización Algoritmos Programados Con MATLAB
This page is best viewed in: